Collection of Personal Data
The controller for the processing of your personal data is the Innovation for Policy Foundation, registered at 2nd Floor, The Axis, 26 Bank Street, Cybercity, Ebene, 72201, Mauritius, represented by its Managing Director, Jonathan Stever.
We gather personal data, including your name and contact information, when you use our site. This information is collected to provide you with access to our services and communicate important updates.
We respect your data privacy and solely use it to operate the platform. We never sell or provide access to third parties, except when necessary to improve our products. Authorities or MOOC institutions involved in the design cannot reuse your data without your consent. If you remain inactive, we will delete your identifying data after 5 years.
In line with our mission to co-create public policy and transform the entrepreneurial ecosystem, we may grant researchers access to pseudonymized data used on the platform (pseudonymization is a de-identification procedure by which data is anonymized).
Use of Personal Data
The personal data we collect is as follows:
- identifying data (at least username, full name, email address, nationality, organization, role);
- user data on your knowledge level, experience, and relevant factors such your role in the ecosystem, sector of work, familiarity with entrepreneurship policy, improvement and use of the acquired knowledge;
- usage data, which relate to your use of the site’s services: raw data (IP address, operating system, activity on the site, etc.), corresponding to your use of the site’s functionalities (eg learning modes of the learners, order of pages visited, control of the user interface, …).
The data we collect from your usage can be used in different ways. We use the collected personal data to facilitate your access to our services, send relevant information, improve your user experience, the trainings and learning materials we offer. We also track your progress and performance to understand how you learn. Additionally, we use the data to detect any misuse of the platform, ensure its security, and maintain its smooth operation.
After removing any identifying information, the pseudonymized data can be further utilized. It helps us improve our offerings on a global scale and personalize your experience. Furthermore, we assess the impact of the MOOC in the international policy making community and share pseudonymized information about learner access, usage, impact, and performance.
Sharing of Personal Data
We handle your identifying data with care and share it only with those who need it for their work. This includes the Foundation, its subcontractors (for hosting and user support), and data exploitation actors (to improve initial trainings). Keep in mind that your activity on the site might transmit data to other learners, like if you share personal information during a training or in a forum.
Security of Personal Data
We take appropriate measures to safeguard your personal data from unauthorized access or disclosure. However, please note that no method of data transmission over the internet is entirely secure.
We retain your personal data for a maximum of five years after your last activity on our site. After this period, your identifying data will be pseudonymized. If remote monitoring occurs, the subcontractor keeps certain data for six weeks (video, photo, audio) or up to one year for identification and contact details before deleting it.
Rights and Choices
You have the right to withdraw consent, access, correct, or delete your personal data. You can also set instructions for data storage and communication after your death. If you have concerns, you can submit a complaint to the Foundation’s supervisory authority.
Links to Third-Party Websites
User Names and Postings
Exercise caution when posting personal information on public forums or course-wide areas of our site, as they may be viewed and downloaded by others.
Usage and Licensing of Site Contents
The Entrepreneurship Policy MOOC is licensed under CC BY-NC 4.0. Please refer to the licensing terms provided for sharing, adaptation, and use of the material.
You are free to :
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
Under the following terms :
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
- No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.